Good pair of jeans


I believe in a good pair of jeans.

It was a dark wash slight flare style jean that caught my heart. Every time I slipped them on I felt more confident than ever. I had them for about three years or so when they got their first hole. Yup, right in the butt. At first I pretended like I never saw it, but it only got worse. Sewing up the hole did nothing to help either. Whenever my mom sees them in the wash she tells me that one day they will not make it back into my room and I should just throw them away, but I just can’t bring myself to do it.
I believe it is impossible to throw away a favorite pair of jeans. No matter how worn and torn they get you will never find a pair that fits the same. That pair of jeans knows me better than anyone else. They can tell my mood from what top I wear with them or all my little imperfections. It is especially hard for me to throw them away, just thinking about all the memories I have shared with that single pair of jeans; the laughs I had, the tears I cried, or nights I won’t remember with friends I’ll never forget. A good pair of jeans holds the equivalent to a good friendship. They are there for you during the toughest times; whenever they are needed they will be there. No matter how many fights or rough patches a good friend will never leave you. You could try to throw away that friend, but what’s the use? You’ll never find a friend like them again.
Putting on a pair of jeans for me is a little trip down memory lane. I believe that my jeans have never let me down and will be a better friend then I will ever have. I believe that when friends grow apart part of that friend will always be in your heart. After all the memories those memories I experienced with my friends, I couldn’t just let one go because of a small slipup. So how could I do that to those dark wash slight flare style jeans? The answer is simple, I can’t.
I believe if you love something set them free and if it is meant to be, it will come back to you. Every time those holey jeans go through the wash, they always come back.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author