SneakerCon NYC

High tops, Lebron's, Jordan's, KD's, tables and tables filled with rare one of a kind shoes some would (and do) pay hundreds of dollars for. Men and women of all ages putting their hobby and love to work trading, selling, and buying these Sneakers. Today Sneakercon made its final stop this summer to debateably the greatest city of the world. NYC. And I got experience it first hand for the first time. 
Being new the underground world of sneaker heads it amazes me how low profile these events are and how I am just getting involved in it. Being in the fashion industry I appreciate men finding something in fashion that they are so willing to take part in and take fashion risks. They follow trends from galaxy print foams to camo on everything. Everywhere you turn there was at least one person wearing camo shirts. Myself included. 
These anxious sellers couldn't wait until making it inside the convention to start getting to work. Men walking throughout the line shoes in their hands making their best offers left and right. Some successful buys happened right before my eyes with no hesitation to the buyer. I wish I had this type of money when I was their age that's for sure. Once the seemingly endless line lead us inside it was game on. We set out looking for the best and cleanest shoes we could find. Besides the actual vendors who had tables people were setting up shop right in the middle of the floor, anywhere that seems like prime selling space. It truly was an experience I'll never forget and hopefully will get back to another Sneakercon. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author