#3 Trends around NYC: Times a Tickin'

So unfortunately I do not live in the city so the only time I have to walk around is when I am literally running from school to catch my train. So next time you're out and about seeing a frantic girl running to Penn Station chances are it's me.

So instead I decided to look at trends around FIT.

One huge thing I noticed was the amount of watches I saw girls wearing through out the day. Back home I work for fossil and this past holiday season I definitely saw an increase of people buying watches either as gifts for people or for themselves.
 Today around campus I saw different girls wearing watches different ways. Some were all about the arm candy while others just had the watch by itself.

All of the watches I saw were huge statement watches: large faces, wide bands etc. Here are some of the watches that I saw.

This is a Tommy Hilfiger watch paired with a Lilly Pulitzer bangle. I like how the white watch pulls out accents from the bangle. Two very good stylish brands for girls our age.

With the thickness of both items I believe it is the perfect amount of arm candy not to overwhelming to the arm and wrist.






Next up is a uni-sex MK watch in two tone silver and gold. Another thing I noticed this season is Roman Numerals are extremely popular on watches. This detail adds a sleek and sophisticated element to every kind of watch.




 

I myself have a watch with Roman Numerals and I absolutely love it. I suggest going out and buying one as soon as possible. Watches are such a classic piece of jewelery that can be paired with literally every outfit, you can't go wrong. This FIT student paired her watch with gold Alex & Ani bangle bracelets for the arm candy affect.

Other watches that I took note of was one very similar to the MK watch shown above but it was from target. SO cute and at a way more affordable price range for us broke college kids.

Among the watches I see on the daily basis the favorite here at FIT is without a doubt Michael Kors. His watches add a timeless bold statement that can be worn in every situation.  

Designer name brand or not majority of people are now wearing watches more as fashion statements and not to actually tell time. 

Until next time.... 


2 comments:

  1. Love the Tommy Hilfiger watch. I tend to lean towards chunkier watches. This post is coming in handy because I could use a good watch! Nice blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way a watch goes with any outfit really! It seems that at FIT majority of the watches are Michael Kors, and in one of my classes last semester we took a poll and about 80% of the people wearing watches had MK ones! A friend of mine has a gorgeous rose gold one that always gets mistaken for a MK one but it is actually from Nordstrom juniors section. Way more affordable and looks great! I really liked reading your post :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author