DIY

Hello Fellow Spring breakers!

As spring break winds down the procrastination of doing homework rapidly increases. What homework? I didn't have homework... We've all used those lines before so why make today any different? In attempt to push off my homework a couple hours I decided to put my fashion and crafty skills to the test and make shorts for the summer! With all this talk of "Spring" I can't help but have summer fever, now only if the Mother Nature will cooperate and give us warm weather!

Any who. Earlier in the week I took a trip to a local thrift shop wear I purchased some shorts begging for a makeover. This is the before
And here's the after
 
Steps on how I revamped this shorts
1. Made a mixture of half bleach half water and soaked half the shorts for a good 10-15 minutes
2. Take them out of the mixture and let the dry in the sun to really lighten them up
3. Wash and dry them
4. Sew on different beads. I got these from Hobby Lobby- the Mecca of all craft stores
5. And you're done! That simple
 
Now that I have these adorable shorts will summer pleeease hurry!!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author