Beachy DIY

The sun is shinning, I'm digging around in the sand to find the perfect seashells. The smell of salt water is in the air. I'm in Wildwood... False. I wish. I'm at my kitchen table. And yes I do actually have seashells in my kitchen and they still smell like the beach. Why you may ask. It's simple I'm turning my family vacation souvenirs into a DIY project. 

Ever since I was little I loved waking up at the crack of dawn to collect shells. Sadly in all my years I have yet to find beach glass. This year I decided to treasure my shells and make them into something new that I will use. 

Working a full time job I don't have the luxury of going to the beach everyday so this way the beach can come with me. To work I like to mix it up with different hairstyles, straight, frenchbraids, buns, bows, flowers, etc. So I thought I would make a hair clip with seashell accessories. First I started with some shells (fresh picked from the beach) a hair clip from the local craft store, and some nautical beads! 
Then I simply took hot glue and arranged everything how I wanted! For all you crafters out there you know the hot glue gun is your life. And here's the finished project! 
Simple and sweet the perfect adjectives to describe the best beach day. 

Until next time beach goers.

I hope you always have a shell in your pocket and sand in your shoes. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author