Fashionably Late Fashion Week

"Fashionably Late" - a saying known around the world for the people who show up late to events because they are taking their time beautifying there look. In actuality these people do not have the best sense of time, get distracted easily, want to avoid the awkward moment of being the first to arrive, or they procrastinate. Or a combination of all things. In my case it is one of those listed above that I choose not to mention. So hear is my Fashionably Late Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Review. 

Saturday of Fashion Week I headed up to Lincoln Center to people watch. What better during the Christmas of the Fashion Insustry? Cameras flashing, pretty people getting their picture taking. Hey even a puppy had a circle of cameras around it. My favorite look that I saw would be nudes paire with a pop of neon green. The green was hidden so I was not seen at first glance. For instance the lining of a jacket would be green or the back of a 3D box on a skirt. 

Besides pretty people in pretty clothes there were giveaways everywhere. What could be better? 

The Friday of fashion week I had the pleasure of going to the Dockers General Store Pop Up shop in Soho. The visual merchandising team did a great job. The event was partnered with GQ magazine. Here are some pictures from the event! Make sure you check out the store before it's gone! 

Lastly the Sunday of fashion week I was fortunate enough to be a dresser for the Mark Mcnairy New Amsterdam Runway show. This was my first behind the scenes look at a runway show. It's amazing how much work goes into a 10 minute show. Everyone should have the experience of working a menswear runway show once in their life. 2 words: Male Models. I rest my case. His collection features pants that are tight at the ankle and a lot of florals with camos. Pushing the male market to not be afraid of patterns. The collection was very urban and fashion forward. Among some of the models were Rapper Pusha T and Nick Wooster. Good job Mark. It was an honor. 

Hope you enjoyed my review of MBFW. Where spring begins! 

Better to be fashionably late than to not even show up. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author